10 Best Dual Coffee Makers Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
The dual coffee makers have taken the coffee-making to a whole new level. With this type of machine, you and your loved ones can enjoy an array of styles from espresso to drip coffee. Almost all coffee needs could be satisfied using the machine. In this review, we strive to help you figure out the best dual coffee maker available. We are delighted to know that there a lot of trusted brands and models for you to take your pick. Since we cannot check out all of them at once, we will dig into standard features as well as contributing factors for the best dual coffee maker. We consider the quality of coffee that these units are able to deliver. Also, the carafe size matters because many people utilize the pot for serving the whole family. The availability of the auto-clean system has an impact on the ease of cleaning. Last but not least, designs, colors, and the unit’s measurements matter as the best dual coffee maker should easily find a home in your kitchen.
🥇[TOP 10] Best Dual Coffee Maker Reviews In 2022
1. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer System (Thermal Carafe)
- Coffee and tea brew settings: Brewing technology offers an array of coffee and tea options
- Cold brew coffee and tea: Brew over ice at a lower temperature for smooth, naturally sweet flavor in 10 to 15 minutes
- Smart basket recognition: System recognizes basket and displays coffee or tea drink options
This coffee maker allows you not only to brew a flavorful cup of coffee but also to prepare hot tea. If you’re the one who fancies both types of drinks but does not want to spend on two separate machines, then Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer System could be the best dual coffee maker for you.
With the innovative brewing method, you can brew an assortment of caffeinated drinks from coffee to tea. The machine makes your morning coffee routine much easier with its full programmability. Plus, the basket recognition system works well to give you the right choice between coffee and tea.
One highlighted feature of this model is that it comes with two independent brewing baskets, one for ground coffee and the other for loose or bagged tea. In this way, the flavor and the aroma of the two types of beverages never mix each other. There is also a wide range of brewing sizes to choose from. You can go with either a single cup for yourself or a full 10-cup carafe for the whole family.
This flexibility also extends to brewing styles. With up to 5 strength settings, you are free to select from classic, rich, over-ice, cold-brew, to specialty.
One amazing feature of this coffee maker is that it can set the right temperature for various types of tea as well as the required steps involved in the brewing process. Therefore, it never fails to deliver the best cup of tea. As mentioned, the thermal carafe has a capacity of 10 cups and your coffee stays hot inside for up to 2 hours. Last but not least, a fold-away frother enables you to add creamy frothing to your beverages in a matter of seconds. The machine’s impressive features make it the best dual coffee maker on the market.
- Six brewing sizes
- Separate baskets designed for optimal flavors.
- Has various choices of styles and sizes
- Fairly pricey
2. Hamilton Beach 49980A
- 2 WAYS TO BREW: SINGLE CUP OR FULL POT. Brew a single-serve cup or a full pot of coffee with your favorite ground coffee. Whichever way you brew, the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker makes it easy to do both. Not compatible with K-Cup pods
- SIMPLE SINGLE-CUP BREWING — DOESN'T USE K-CUP PODS. Brew a cup for one using loose ground coffee (not compatible with K-Cup pods). With the included mesh scoop, adding your favorite ground coffee couldn’t be easier: just scoop, place and brew
- PEACE OF MIND WITH 2 HOUR AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. How many times have you walked out the door, only to wonder: did I turn the coffee maker off. Now there's no worry or turning around to check, since the coffee maker turns off automatically after 2 hours
If serving capacity and the taste are what you are concerned, then this Hamilton Beach device can be the best dual coffee maker for you.
With Hamilton Beach 49980A, there are 2 brewing options for your coffee, either a single serving or a full, 12-cup carafe depending on your drinking needs.
There is no better alternative to greeting a new day than having a hot cup of joe waiting for you. As the coffee maker is fully programmable, you can set it to brew your coffee 24 hours ahead of time. The auto-off function is an added safety feature, so no worries that you leave your house without turning off the machine.
Another nice bonus is the water reservoir on the carafe-side. You won’t need to refill it often thanks to its large capacity. Besides, the markings are helpful for better measurements.
In addition, you can put the cup rest away to put a travel mug under the spout. The downsides are that the travel mug is not included and you are limited to just two brewing options: regular and bold flavor. That said, this coffee maker does what it should do well at a low price. If you are on a tight budget, this can be the best dual coffee maker for you.
- Prepares hot, tasty coffee in seconds
- You can program for the machine to start brewing up to 24 hours beforehand
- Dual brewing options
- Equipped with informative and helpful control panel
- Travel mug is not included
3. Keurig K475
- What's in the box: 6 k cup pods and a water filter handle and 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best
- Large 70 ounce water reservoir: allows you to brew 8 plus cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to
- K cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
Boasting an attractive look and a compact design, Keurig is the best dual coffee maker for individuals who want a quick cup of coffee in the morning. The unit comes with a generous number of features, including a water filter handle and 2 filters to optimize the taste of your beverages. It also includes 6 K cup pods.
The coffee machine comes with a gigantic 70-ounce water reservoir, which allows you to make up to 8 cups of coffee before the next refilling. This feature is perfect for those who need a lot of coffee on a daily basis.
Plus, the reservoir is removable, so cleaning is a snap. You can also choose from an array of K cup pod brew sizes. There are six options available: 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounces for K pods or you can go for either 22, 26, or 30 ounces if you opt for the carafe. The machine also features a strength selector for you to tweak your coffee strength between regular and bold flavor. You can even adjust the temperature of the coffee to your liking.
Auto on and off feature saves you a lot of time and energy. For example, set the machine to turn on and heat up before you wake up, then brew the coffee when you’re ready. In spite of being a bit pricey, this is still the best dual coffee maker for bachelors who don’t like dealing with a lot of mess.
- High-end and customizable
- Brews coffee instantly
- Makes good-quality coffee
- The digital clocks are designed for optimal brew
- Slightly pricey
4. Cuisinart CHW-12
- 12-Cup Carafe with a drip-free pour spout and a comfortable handle. Cord length : 36 Inches
- Fully Automatic with auto-on and auto shutoff, self-clean function and 1-4 cup setting
- Carafe Temperature Control offers a heater plate with High, Medium and Low settings to keep coffee at the temperature you prefer
If you love making coffee on your own but don’t want to deal with the mess, then Cuisinart CHW-12 is the best dual coffee maker for you. The spout is easy-to-wash and drip-free, so it is hassle-free. Moreover, the machine is fully automatic in the sense that it has the auto on and off feature and the self-clean function. The automatic on/off feature saves you money by keeping the utility bills in check while the self-clean feature makes the cleanup a breeze. It is also customizable, so you can select from 1 to 4 cups of coffee depending on how much you want to drink. It also lets you choose the preferred temperature using the heater plate.
What we like about the machine is its brew-pause function which allows you to sneak a cup of coffee while waiting for a full carafe. To ensure the best flavor and taste, the machine is equipped with the charcoal filter (for removing any impurities), and the gold-tone filter (for maximizing the taste). We are sure that the machine is capable of delivering a perfect cup of coffee even for a picky coffee drinker. The indicator lights are helpful to notify you when the right temperature is achieved or when refilling is needed. As a result, you don’t need to check it yourself.
This two-way coffee machine can fit a large travel mug when the drip tray is out of the way. The Hot Water system heats up the water fast, enabling you to enjoy hot soup or tea within minutes at a touch of the button.
The machine comes with a water reservoir that can contain up to 54 ounces. It can be used separately or when the coffee is being brewed. Extra safety feature is a must when it comes to this type of machine. Luckily, the manufacturer is thoughtful enough to include the safety feature that prevents hot water from being dispensed.
- Made from BPA-free material
- Hot water is delivered within minutes
- Extra safety feature
- Charcoal water filter for impurity-free water
- Temperature is adjustable
- The exterior may run down after a few months
5. Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew
- 3-WAYS TO BREW: Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER: Brew a cup with a K-Cup, pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. Auto Pause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
With the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker, your morning coffee routine will be easier and less messy.
This is an all-in-one coffee maker, actually. You can brew a full carafe to serve a crowd on the carafe side. Alternatively, you can make yourself a cup of coffee on the single-serve side with K cup pods and pre-grounds or fresh grounds. To make the coffee-making experience a lot more pleasant, the item comes with a pod holder and a ground basket. Moreover, the cup rest can be removed to make way for a tall travel mug. You can disassemble the pod piercing needle to clean it more easily.
Like many competitors, the machine also has a pause-and-serve option, which comes in handy if you would like a cup of coffee before the brewing finishes. It also automatically shuts off within two hours of operation to prevent any potential burning if you forget to switch off the machine.
Plus, each brewing side comes with an independent water reservoir whose viewing window helps you to monitor the current water levels with ease. This dual coffee maker is simple to use, meaning that even a newbie can get used to it after learning for a little while. It boasts an attractive exterior, making it a perfect gift for your family and friends.
On the single-serve side, you can get a hot, tasty cup of coffee in less than 3 minutes. It especially comes in handy when you are in a hurry for work or school but still want an energy shot.
As mentioned, the machine can fit a wide range of sizes of containers. This means less time wasted for choosing the right mug or cup, and you are freer to brew into your preferred container.
With Hamilton Beach 49976 FlexBrew, you will get a cup of coffee almost instantly without putting in too much effort. If you look for the right balance between price and quality, it is the best dual coffee maker for you.
- Can be programmed to brew your coffee 24-hour beforehand
- Two ways of brewing
- Multifunctional device
- Travel mug can be used
- Pause-and-serve function
- Regular maintenance is required
6. DeLonghi BCO430
- Front loading coffee maker. Input power (W): 1500
- Removable 40 ounce water reservoir for easy filling
- 24 hour programmable timer. Pump pressure (bar): 15
If versatility is your top consideration, look no further! De’Longhi BC0430 is among the best dual coffee makers when it comes to multi-purpose appliances. With two separate sides, it caters to virtually all types of coffee you want to brew. One side specializes in brewing strong espressos, lattes, or cappuccinos. Meanwhile, the other delivers the best possible filter coffee if you are in the mood for it.
For extra convenience, two brewers are equipped with their own water reservoir and coffee containers. Although the reservoir has a large capacity, it is placed inside the machine. That means you have to open the machine to check how much water you need to add.
The 10-cup carafe could serve coffee for the whole family or a few extra guests. The taste and flavor of your coffee are elevated by the special gold-tone filter. The frother is an extra accessory, which allows you to add creamy froth to your coffee manually.
The machine also features the pause-and-brew function. With the simple press of the button, you can enjoy a cup of coffee while patiently waiting for the full carafe. Both control buttons and the display are on the front for easy access and control. Plus, the digital display acts as a clock while not in use for other functions.
The main setback of the maker is that it is devoid of the auto-clean feature, so you have to do all the cleanup yourself.
- Multi-purpose machine
- Milk frother
- 15-bar espresso
- The gold-tone filter for the perfect taste
- Auto-pause and brew function
- Difficult to check in on the water
- Without an auto-clean system
7. Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus
- Fresh, delicious coffee is only the beginning! This coffee machine features a hot water system ...
- Sold individually
- Capacity: 60 ounces/1.8 litres
If you are new to the coffee-making world, the Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus can be the best dual coffee maker for you. The machine is super-automatic, and it takes just a little amount of time for you to get the hang of it.
The digital control panel is informative and helpful, which shows current settings and time. Plus, you have total control over the temperature of your coffee with either high, medium, or low carafe settings. Just with the press of the button, and then you can enjoy a tasty cup of coffee at the desired temperature. The reservoir can hold up to 54 ounces of water although its heating system makes noticeable noise that might be annoying to some people.
The machine is aesthetically pleasing with a combination of black and silver. It is made from stainless steel, which is considerably durable. If durability is your main concern when it comes to choosing a coffee maker, this is the right one for you. You can even brew coffee into your travel mug as long as you remove the drip tray out of the unit.
In terms of cleaning, this two-way coffee maker features the auto-clean system, which means less mess you have to deal with after brewing. Although you can choose between the single-serve option (ranging from 1 to 4 cups), and a full coffee pot, one side of the unit is just for the water dispenser, which is a minor drawback.
- Made from stainless steel
- A super-automatic machine, making it the best dual coffee maker for newbies
- Auto-clean function
- There is one side for brewing, the other is only for hot water dispenser
- The heating system is noticeably noisy
8. Ninja Hot & Cold Brewed System Auto-iQ Coffee Maker
- Brew multiple brew sizes, ranging from a pod free single cup or travel mug, all the way up to a full Carafe
- Hot brewing lets you enjoy a bold, flavorful cup of hot coffee or tea; Or brew over ice to create full flavored, refreshing iced beverages
- Brew your favorite style of tea, whether you use tea bags or loose leaf, with the specially designed tea brew basket
If you don’t settle with the same style of coffee and love to have a variety of options for your morning coffee routine, this model is the best dual coffee maker for you.
The machine is highly customizable, which means you can choose between various brewing sizes. You can produce rich microfoam using the milk frother to add flavors to your drinks. If you are in the mood for a cold drink, simply switch to the over-ice brewing option.
Moreover, the cup rest can be folded away, so you can fit a travel mug and fill the coffee in.
The big water reservoir is removable for easier refilling and cleaning. A smart coffee scoop is also included for extra convenience.
- Milk frother
- 6 brewing sizes
- 5 brewing settings
- Lacks thermal carafe
9. Keurig K-Duo Plus
- What’s in the box: 12 cup thermal carafe and mesh reusable ground coffee filter included with your brewer
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k cup pods
- Strong brew: Brew a stronger, more intense single cup and carafe
At the first sight, you can mistake the machine for a single-serve unit due to its unique design. The coffee maker has a stainless steel carafe so it would last for years of usage. The carafe can serve up to 12 cups, which is enough for the whole family or a small gathering.
The model boasts its modern design with a multi-position 60-ounce water reservoir. This means the reservoir is not fixed permanently and can be positioned to different directions to neatly fit on the countertop. The machine is also highly versatile. With the selections of brewing a cup or a carafe using both K-cups and ground coffee, it effortlessly satisfies your varied coffee tastes and preferences.
If you are a fan of strong coffee, look no further! This model is the best dual coffee maker for you. This machine offers the strong brew setting which delivers a more intense cup of coffee on demand. It is also environmentally-friendly with the auto-shut-off function to save energy. Another nice bonus is that you can set it to brew a piping hot cup of coffee up to 24 hours ahead of time, which is helpful for people with a busy life.
- It takes both K-cups and ground coffee
- High-quality gold-tone filter for the best flavor
- Water filters can be used
- A little bit slow
10. Ninja 4-Brew Hot/Cold Dual Brew Coffee Maker
- Includes: 18oz. Hot and Cold Tumbler, Glass Ninja Easy Milk Frother, 40 recipe cookbook, permanent filter, 5 paper filters, Ninja coffee scoop, & 43 oz. Stainless Double-Wall Thermally Insulated Carafe
- Multi-Serve Dial lets you choose a size for a cup, travel mug, half carafe, or carafe
- Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology allows you to dial up the flavor richness level and choose a brew: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, or Specialty
This Ninja model boasts an array of impressive features. With the intuitive display, you can easily customize the right temperature for your brew with the press of the button, taking all the guesswork out of the brewing.
With several brewing selections, you can switch between Classic, Rich, Over Ice, or Specialty modes. We are sure that the brewing will never be boring if you have this unit at home. Also, you can try your hand at making microfoam and latte arts using the milk frother.
The unit offers a wide range of additional accessories to facilitate your brewing experience. It includes a reusable filter but if you prefer paper, there are also paper filters available. Made of stainless steel, the 43-ounce thermal carafe is durable and should last for years to come. Also, it is double-walled and vacuum-insulated in order to be able to keep your beverages hot or warm for a considerable period of time. Besides, the included tumbler also comes in handy if you need something to fill in your piping hot coffee without any cracks.
The machine is super easy to wash, so the maintenance is not a hassle. What we like most about this unit is its self-clean system, which should be activated once a month. Plus, the drip-pause feature is helpful too as there will be fewer coffee stains on the unit’s surfaces. One of the highlighted features of the machine is the Auto iQ one-touch Intelligence, which saves you water by measuring and pouring the exact amount of water required for your brewing. As for the brewing size selections, you could choose between a cup and a travel mug all the way up to a full pot of brew.
The machine gives you freedom in terms of how you want to brew your coffee. Simply opt for a setting: classic, rich, over ice, or specialty, and the best cup of coffee is just a few minutes away. You should note that the coffee stays warm inside the carafe for two hours.
If you are not the type of person who easily settles with one tedious method of brewing coffee, this 4-brew Ninja is probably the best dual coffee maker for you. It is capable of catering to different coffee tastes and preferences. Whether you like the taste of the basic brew or you are a big fan of professional, complex styles of caffeinated beverages, 4-brew Ninja has something for you.
- 4 brewing sizes with hot and cold coffee
- Milk frother
- Tumbler can hold extremely hot water
- Bulky design
- It doesn’t take K-cups
Ease of Using
The best dual coffee maker should be the one that you operate with ease. If you are uncomfortable working with a big-sized coffee maker, then why don’t go for a smaller unit? Plus, you should take the reservoir’s capacity into consideration. Is it enough to meet your household’s drinking needs? The ease of cleaning is another crucial factor when buying a coffee maker. This is easy to explain as proper cleaning and good maintenance affect the machine’s lifespan.
For many, the best dual coffee maker should be able to brew a variety of coffee drinks. Most of the machines available have built-in features that can deliver the best cup of coffee to your personal preferences. With adjustable temperature settings, making a piping hot or a lukewarm cup is not an issue. In terms of strength settings, you can go with light, medium, or strong flavors. Also, beyond the regular coffee, you can enjoy different styles such as espresso and latte. The good news is that many available models do offer this feature.
The size of dual coffee makers varies significantly. Consider how much coffee you and your family consumes per day to select the right size. While some units can brew coffee into a travel mug, others do not offer the feature.
Glass Carafe or Thermal?
All carafes are designed to keep the coffee inside hot or warm. The availability of a hot plate is the main distinction between the glass and thermal carafe. While the glass pot needs a hot plate to provide the heat for the coffee, the thermal carafe can do the job itself. You should note that the hot plate has its own drawback. The coffee kept inside a glass carafe often tastes burnt due to the hot plate.
In contrast, a thermal carafe keeps your beverages hot without compromising the taste and flavor. The thing is, due to the lack of added heat, the coffee stays hot just within two hours, which could be disappointing to those who prefer piping hot coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is cleaning a dual coffee very difficult?
In fact, cleaning a two-way coffee maker is not that difficult. Most of the parts of the machine are removable, so the cleanup is easier. From time to time, it’s a good idea to descale your machine and you can do it on both sides all at the same time, so it won’t take a lot of time. The easiest part to clean is the outer shell. Simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth. You should note that it would be harder to clean the surface if you let the stains build up over time. Therefore, try to do it daily.
2. Will I get quick coffee?
Yes, of course, you will. However, the thing is, the quickest shot of coffee is often made by the most powerful coffee maker, which often makes loud noise. The amount of time you have to wait for your cup of coffee is also different between machines. Therefore, if the brewing speed is your key consideration, you should do some research about the brewing time of different items.
3. When should I buy a dual coffee maker?
You should get one if it is on sale or simply you want a better substitute. It is a good idea to get a new replacement if the current one shows signs of wear and tear. The increasing demand for coffee can also justify a new purchase. Personally speaking, seasonal sales is the best time as it will save you a lot of money.
The best dual coffee maker allows you to do more than one thing. If you serve coffee for the whole family, the carafe side allows you to brew up to 10 or 12 cups of coffee. Alternatively, the single-serve side is there for different sizes of individual cups, and some even fit travel mugs. In either way, the dual coffee maker goes the extra mile to meet your drinking needs.
A dual coffee maker also gives you more freedom in choosing the types of coffee input. Brewing anything from K-cups, other brands’ coffee pods, or ground coffee with different strength options (regular or bold flavor).
Our pick is the Halminton Beach 49976 FlexBrew Coffee Maker. The model is a great option both for individuals and big families. It’s outstanding for the brewing speed, the ease of use, and the capability of brewing barista-level beverages. If you are a budget-conscious coffee enthusiast, the machine is the right choice for you.
View more on YOUTUBE Video: