Quickest Method To Cleaning | Cleaning The Filer & Plunger | Clean The Carafe | Clean By Dishwasher
As much as you want to avoid having unaccustomed machine brewed automatic coffee, or you want to make your own conventional coffee it’s the same thing unless you clean your own French press correctly.
Some may think that simply washing it with hot water helps to keep it clean, well they couldn’t be more wrong than that. In order to get perfect taste and smell, you need to know how to clean a French press quickly and correctly.
According to Harvard Health Blog, the unclean oils extracted from the coffee grounds are extremely harmful to health as it raises the cholesterol level. Well, apart from that, it is the main culprit that remains at the carafe even after washing the French press.
And you will be glad to know that it takes a small amount of your time to clean it up and you can have your expected coffee.
4 Effective Ways To Clean French Press
There are several ways to clean a French press effectively. Here I’ll provide effective 4 ways. Let’s start.
2. Cleaning the Filter and Plunger
While cleaning the French press, you will see that the filter and the plunger gets very sticky and messy as it touches the coffee ground. And here are the quick steps to clean them effectively:
- Move the filter away from plunger slightly by unscrewing it.
- Run hot water through the filter and the plunger to rinse out the sticky coffee grounds.
- Gently rub dish soap or detergent on the rod and screen of the plunger so that the filter doesn’t bend.
- Wipe out the top of the French press by cleaning with dish cloth with caution.
- Now rinse out the soap of the filter and the plunger with the hot water. The smell of the soap will get removed by now.
3. Cleaning the Carafe
Fortunately, the cleaning of Decanter or Carafe is straightforward, time-efficient and maintainable.
First take out leftover coffee grounds by pouring hot water in the carafe and shake and sip it out by pouring it in the mesh filter, separating the hot water and ground. Throw the leftover grounds in thin polythene and dump it in the trash bin.
Clean the inner glass of the Carafe with dishcloth or sponge both in and out so that every nook is covered. Clean the handles as well.
Now by rinsing it with either hot water or cold water and let it dry or wipe it with a dishcloth.
4. Cleaning By Dishwasher
If you want to clean your French press by a dishwasher, you have to check where it’s safe by a dishwasher. If it then follows the steps below:
- First, separate the plunger from the filter and place it on the top silverware basket.
- If it can’t be separated, extend it and place it on the top basket.
- Insert the carafe of your French on the bottom basket while placing separately from other dishes or utensils.
- Set the French press in the normal washing and drying mode of the dishwasher. Wipe it out with a lint-free cloth and you are good to go.
Therefore, these are the ways you can try to maintain and how you can clean a French press.